“If summer had one defining aroma, it would definitely be the smell of ripe yellow mangoes!” From the time we were kids, mangoes have been synonymous with milkshakes, smoothies, ice cream and more. Did you know it is a powerhouse fruit? Rich in Vitamins A and C, and minerals like copper, potassium and magnesium, this king of fruits is also a skin savior. It can change your skin care game if you know how to use it right.
Mangoes have antioxidant properties and are rich in fiber. They combat many skin concerns such as ageing, breakout/acnes, pigmentation, dull and dry skin. The rich Vitamin and Mineral content also help to boost the skin’s collagen and elastin levels. Eating and applying mango extracts to skin will keep it smooth and glowing. It also improves the overall skin texture and evens out skin tone. Similarly, mango extracts are used in many skin care products. These are derived from the mango skin which is dried and powdered. Be it mango pulp, mango extract or mango butter, each has numerous skin benefits. They are as excellent source of antioxidants that improve overall skin appearance and delay the first signs of ageing.
Some key benefits:
- Helps in preventing breakouts and acne. Mango extracts or mango pulp can be applied directly onto skin. This helps in removing excess sebum and dries out existing acne. Leave mango powder or mango pulp on the effected area for about 15-20 mins. If you feel a tingling sensation, rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Mango gives excellent results as a pore minimizer. Refrigerate raw mango juice for 30 mins and apply on affected areas. Leave on for 15-20 mins. Dab the excess with a dry towel or tissue. There is no need to rinse, unless there is any itching or irritation.
- Mango is also regarded as a natural Retinol. Applying on skin twice or thrice a week can help reduce pigmentation and fine lines.
- It also helps in calming the skin, due to its rich magnesium content, making it excellent for sensitive skin concerns. It can benefit skin concerns such as inflammation, sun burn, tanning, redness and rosacea.
- If you are conscious of your stretch marks, try applying it regularly on the affected areas. The natural collagen and elastin in the fruit will fade those marks away in no time.
- Mango is also a powerful anti-bacterial agent, and is perfect for getting rid of minor skin irritation and uneven skin tone.
- Raw mango juice can also be used as skin toner. It also helps in removing excess sebum and cleaning out pores.
- Finally, mango helps in keeping skin hydrated, radiant and glowing
Read the original article at https://www.grazia.co.in/beauty/skin-care/mango-season-heres-how-your-favourite-fruit-can-help-your-skin-7339-1.html